Friday, September 19, 2014

Diabetically Scheming Friends

Sweets told me something that happened at school the other day and I thought it was quite amusing.
She has another boy in her grade with diabetes and they often find themselves walking to lunch from the office together.  Sometimes they eat next to each other too.  
This particular day, I had put a chocolate in Sweet's lunch.  Matthew was sitting next to her and as any diabetic knows, a sweet treat is very nice to find.  I can just imagine the look on his face as Sweets pulled it out.
I don't know the exact conversation that went on from there, but it had to be something like this.
Matthew: "I love mint patties".
Sweets: " Here, I think I can break off this much without it messing up my carb count.  Do you want some"?
Matthew:  "Sure, thanks!!  I think that will be just the right amount that won't make my blood sugar go high.   Thanks for sharing Sweets". 
Sweets:  " I know how much you probably love to have candy.  Just like me.  And I know how you feel every day about diabetes.  I know what you go through."
Matthew:  "It sure is nice not to be alone anymore.  I am happy to see you in the office and at lunch every day.  You are so happy and friendly".
Sweets:  "It's nice to be able to diabetically scheme with you Matthew.  Don't tell our Mom's we share"!


2 comments:

  1. Funny how certain trials bring new friends. Glad she has someone to share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really cute!! I think that Heavenly Father puts certain people in our paths to help us through the trying times. I'm so grateful Sarah and Matthew have each other.

    ReplyDelete