Friday, November 7, 2014

A1C Score


Sweets had her first A1C test today since her diagnosis.   When she went into the hospital it was 14!!  Ouch.......
Today, I am proud to say, it was 6.8 
Whoop whoop.
It is has been by far the hardest thing I have ever done to keep Sweets blood sugar in range day in and day out.....hour after hour.  Sometimes I wonder why in the world I care so much, but after we get a score like this, and after only just a few month of learning how to care for her, I remember what it's all about.  Keeping her healthy so she won't go into ketoacidosis again or pass out from low blood sugar.  So later in life she won't go blind, have kidney failure, nerve damage, skin disorders, gastroparesis(just to name a few complications), and will be able to have children.
Plus it feels really good when the Endo pats you on the back and looks you in the eye and tells you "good job" because sometimes you don't hear it enough.


2 comments:

  1. Good job ... on finding your e-cards. Do you make them up? 'Cause they are hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry we don't say that enough to you. You are doing a good job Steph. When we were together over the summer and I saw how much work it is to keep Sarah healthy it amazed me. She is so lucky to have you!!

    ReplyDelete