Thursday, July 24, 2014

Bottles

I save things.  So when Sweets was done with a bottle of test strips, I kept the bottle on my dresser.  Yesterday I looked at the stack and it hit me.  6 empty bottles, that each once held 50 test strips, now sat there.  300 times.....  Those bottles represent 300 times Sweets has had her finger pricked.  She had plenty more in the hospital and is now just about done with another 50.  
In only 7 weeks, she has had her finger tips pricked over 375 times.  Can you imagine your fingers being poked that many times?

It is what it is.  In another 7 weeks it will be nearly 700 times......Then it will be 1000......Then it will be 2000 times. I think I will stop saving the bottles and just throw them away.  I don't need a record.
I can't wait for her to get a CGM.  A continuous glucose monitor would be heavenly.

1 comment:

  1. ...and yet, I am sure child 2 could come up with some sort of craft project to do with all those super fun bottles! Christmas ornaments maybe?

    ReplyDelete