Sunday, August 3, 2014

A Proud Moment To Cheer

We were sitting on the couch watching a cartoon and preparing to do a quick 2 hour check. I was having Sweets get everything out and all ready for me.  I turned my back for a second and when I turned around again she was holding her poker to her finger.  I said "you should just push the button Sweets.  I didn't cock it so you should just practice doing that.  Go a head, it's not cocked.  Just pretend".  Little did I know that she went ahead and cocked it when I had my head turned.  She looked me straight in the eye and pushed the button as I suggested.  I heard the snap and my eyes flew wide open.  She knew what she was about to do and I didn't!  Sweets gave me the surprise of my life and I hollered and jumped and hugged her!!  She cheered and was sooo happy.  
Sweets has been very afraid to go to school this upcoming year. She has been scared to death to prick herself and knew that it was something that she needed to be able to do in order to have a successful school year.  For some reason, today was the day.  The day to be brave........again:)
She has been taking her own levels for the rest of the day and seems quite proud to be able to take care of herself in this way.  So grown up.

3 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you Sarah. You are a good example to all of us. Grandpa Bean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go! Such a huge leap, you are AMAZING (both of you!)

    ReplyDelete