Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Day 3

 I can't believe how much better Sweets looked this day.  She had been given the o.k. to go outside and take a walk in the rose garden.  I spent the night with her in the hospital the night before so when Dad came that morning, I went home to shower and rest and to get her some clothes to go out in.  Sweets was getting really tired of staying in the hospital.  I don't blame her.  We were all super tired at that point in general.  I remember almost falling asleep just driving across town to home.
The walk in the Rose Garden was so relaxing and nice.  It was a hot day outside, but I think we didn't notice it too much.  Sweets took it slow and enjoyed the fountain and smelling the gorgeous flowers.
After our walk, I left to take her sister's out to a much needed Mommy time and lunch.  Sweets went in to rest and color some more.
That day her Daddy and I took turns giving her insulin and learned more about how to count carbs, count insulin units, and measure her B.S. . We had more meetings with nurses, Dr.'s, and Counselors.  We were getting better at managing her care with the help of nurses.  We were a team for Sweets.  A good strong one and will continue to be a strong team for her for the rest of her life.
Daddy wanted to stay with her the last night so he took her on another evening walk and took a picture together.  
That night, after another goody cry, I slept.

No comments:

Post a Comment