Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Let The Numbers Speak....

I have taken advice from other parents and professionals to keep a poker face while looking at meter results.  Just to look at the result and thank your child for testing.  Not to say if it's good or bad but use the words high and low.  I don't ever want Sweets to feel like she's a bad person if her levels are too high or too low.  She doesn't need to worry about that.  It's my problem to fix it if need be.  She is old enough, however, for me to teach her (calmly) what a very low or very high number would be and what we can do to correct it. 
So far, the meter numbers mean two things to her.

She is doing very well in getting all her testing things out and ready.  She picks her finger, wipes it off and let's me prick it. She puts the drop on the meter herself and reads the numbers.  If I can get her to prick herself, she will be independent in this area.  It will come:) 

Lunch was a chaotic mess today.  Meals haven't been that bad since the first week, but for some reason, I just couldn't calculate the carbs for the size of pizza she was having.  I like things perfect and it wasn't coming out right.  I was being forced to guess and I don't like guessing. The kids were sitting at the table starving and being noisy.  I am yelling at them to be quiet so I could think and count.  It's all humerous now that I look back on it.  I apologized for my crazy outburst and promised never to let pizza get the best of me again:)







1 comment:

  1. I do not know that I have any words that would help you. It sounds like you are getting plenty of advise from others. Just know that there are many prayers in your and Sarah's behalf. It will get better as time goes by and you get more proficient in calculating numbers and begin repeating foods that you already have eaten and have the numbers on. Just know that the Lord is not going to let you fail Sarah in any way.

    ReplyDelete