Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Hooray for more Insulin

 Janet (Sweets Physician) upped her Lantus to 14 units and changed her carb ratio to 1 unit of Novalog for every 12 carbs.  I told her over the phone last night that Sweets needed more carbs and she was too hungry all the time asking and complaining for snacks.  I can't tell you how much better it was today!!  She was more fulfilled, her B.S. was way down and she was even able to have a 15 carb snack between meals.  Happy day for all of us.

I was so nervous to take Sweets to music lessons today.  I know her teacher was nervous to have her over because she was unsure how to care for her.  I also didn't want to leave her completely in the care of someone else where I couldn't check on her at all.  It was only for a half hour though and I knew she'd be just fine.  She got a candy for practicing her minutes and had to give it to me to eat for another time.  She handed it over with no complaining.

My Husband watched the kids tonight so I could do a bit of grocery shopping.  It took 2.5 hours to shop. I had to turn over everything, count the carbs, put it back on the shelf, find appropriate snacks, plan meals, etc.  I bought so much cheese and ham, and now I am in love with the 100 calorie snack packs because most of them have the appropriate amount of carbs portioned out in one little pack.  I used to think they were a waste of money.  These are Sweets favorites.

Things seemed a bit more "normal" today for whatever that's worth.  I was happier today which was a relief.  There is stress in the house during the evenings though and it's really starting to wear me down.  Things just seem to fall apart. 
Tonight things happened and I was so sad and tired I went to bed early with my clothes on.  I slept in them all night.  I have never done that before.
I bawled myself to sleep.  

No comments:

Post a Comment