Friday, June 13, 2014

We Were Suppose To.....

be preparing to go to an overnight trip to Lagoon( a super fun amusement park) this evening.  Instead we are doing nothing.  Not true.... I am watering the lawn, cleaning up paint messes, controlling arguments, fixing dinner.  I know, it's a bad attitude, but you know what?  For some reason, I feel I have the right.  This is a fun thing we look forward to going to all year.  It just seems impossible right now with all that's going on.  I can barely manage meals at home, let alone eating out, packing our own food, and having no where to prepare it.  Then how to manage the blood sugar levels in the heat, all day, walking around, exercising in the water park, etc.  Maybe it will all seem so much easier in a couple of months.
Husband surprised us all with a shopping trip to the mall.  I am so happy that everything is happier tonight.  We always get pretzels from the Pretzel Maker and an Orange Julius when we go to the mall.  I never thought we could do that again, but my husband is more daring than I, and said we needed to be as normal as we could.  I brought along our Calorie King Carb Counter book and we did the best we could in counting the carbs in her hot dog bites.  I never thought I'd be balancing myself in a bathroom stall with my daughter giving her insulin so she could eat a snack at the mall.  I wouldn't have minded doing it right there in the food court in public, but Sweet's was so embarrassed.  We only let her have a couple of sips of Orange Julius (that's an amazing amount of sugar) and bought her a Diet Coke.  We had such a good time together!

I can't believe how much her face has filled out.  In just a week and a day, she looks totally different.


Later that night, they were both standing at the bathroom sink, in their new matching pajamas, brushing their teeth side by side.  "It's embarrassing that my younger sister is bigger and taller than me" Sweets said.  "Ya".  Her sister replied.  "It's o.k. I reassured (not really sure), you will have a growth spurt soon and it will fix it all.  This part makes me  sad.  The Dr. said that if her body was going to have a growth spurt during the months she was sick, she would have missed it and will never gain the loss back.  I believe she did miss one while her younger sister grew on and on.
Slept so well......besides the low blood sugar. 


No comments:

Post a Comment